This chocolate pie is a paradise chunk. It is packed with dense velvety chocolate that has all the potential to twist your taste buds. The luxurious chocolate pie recipe is simple and delish. Everyone loves to have a classic dessert with crust-filled chocolate, from kids to elders.
You can prepare it ahead of time for serving your guests. This delightful chocolate pie is succulent, silky, and rich in flavor.
Pro tips for making a perfect chocolate pie
- As it is the make-ahead afters, it requires at least 4-5 hours to set up before you serve it.
- While mixing up the simmered milk with the egg mixture, you have to pour the milk slowly; otherwise, the yolk will condense and be thick unnecessarily.
- Before you start, remember to place eggs in the fridge, as the cold egg yolks quickly come out from the shell.
- For a smooth slicing of the chocolate pie, you better warm the cake knife in hot water.
Easy chocolate pie recipe
Preparation time: Half an hour
Heat time: Half an hour
Chill time: 4 hours
Servings: Approximately 8 persons
Ingredients you need:
- 1 pie crust
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 ½ cups of sugar (granulated)
- ½ cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 3 tablespoons of maida (all-purpose flour)
- 4 egg yolks
- ¼ cup of butter (unsalted)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Combine sugar and cocoa powder in a medium-sized saucepan
- Pour milk and whisk slowly; it gets even.
- Place the pan on a medium flame.
- Bring to a boil and stir this substance frequently.
- Decrease the flame to medium-low
- Take a heat-proof mixing bowl and combine ½ cup milk, flour, egg yolks, and salt. Beat them well until they blend well.
- When the milk starts bubbling, slowly add the hot milk mixture to an egg mixture. Now pour this fusion back into the saucepan.
- Heat the pan on a low-medium flame and frequently stir until it gets dense and starts bubbling.
- Take off from heat; whip in the butter and vanilla until it melts and turns smooth.
- Shift this pudding into a pie shell (baked); time to refrigerate it without covering it.
- Let it rest for 4 hours.
- Décor the pudding with whipped cream or sprinklers if desired.